Table of Contents
- What Is Fishing Rod For Bass?
- Parts Of The Best Fishing Rods For Bass
- Best Fishing Rods For Bass
- 1. Kastking Perigee II Fishing Rods – Fuji O-Ring Line Guides
- 2. KastKing Royal Select Fishing Rods, Spinning & Casting Model Designed For Bass Fishng
- 3. KastKing Blackhawk II Telescopic Fishing Rods With Floating Guides
- 4. Cadence Spinning Rod, CR5-30 Ton Carbon Fishing Rod
- 5. Entsport E-Series – Camo Legend 2-piece 7” Casting Rod
- 6. KastKing Crixus Fishing Rods, IM6 Graphite Spinning & Casting Rod
- 7. KastKing Speed Demon Pro Tournament Series Bass Fishing Rods
- How To Choose The Best Fishing Rods For Bass
- In Closing
What Is Fishing Rod For Bass?
Fishing rods for bass’s primary purpose is to produce them from graphite fiber. Graphite bass rods are quite famous and standardized rods for fishing. Its mainstream benefit is its unusual lightweight, making it no big deal when going out to spend fishing for long days. Their sensitivity is well known along with its ideal weight, which grants the angler to sense the slightest movement or bump.
You guys know that fishing is great fun! It’s being practiced from the Paleolithic period, and, there have been many changes in fishing practices gradually. Now it’s become an exciting hobby to the folks of all ages and they practice this hobby with different fishing gears!
While we talk about the fishing gears, the name of the wonderful fishing gear ‘Rod’ comes itself. There are various kinds of fishing rods in the market. Which fishing rods you should pick up will depend on your fishing type!
Today, we will present some of the best fishing rods for bass that you will love! There may have many more quality rods that we didn’t find out yet. So, if you know of any fishing rods that are really best, please let us know about them. We will try to add their specifications!
Parts Of The Best Fishing Rods For Bass
There are different types of fishing rods in different designs and shapes. Here are the basic parts of a fishing rod you must know so that it will be easy for you to select the right and perfect piece. Moreover, you should be familiar with all parts of a fishing rod to know the fishing pole because it’s important when it times to set up a fishing pole. Now we are going to discuss the main parts of a rod in a brief way.
The handle is the bottom part of the rod that is clutched tightly and it offers to play the rods. Moreover, the handle prevents the rod from fallings off your soggy hand.It is made of cork, foam or wood. At the very beginning of the handle, there is a butt cap; also a butt is located between the butt cap and the handle.
Reel Seat is the most important part of the rod where the reel is attached. There are various types of the reel in composition. It varies on the rod type, rod length, and rod weight. Different types of fishing reels are designed for different fishing practices e.g. Baitcasting reels, spinning reels, fly fishing reels, surf fishing reels, etc.
Hook keeper, also known as the keeper ring, is a metal ring that allows withholding the fishing hook while transporting the rod. It is affixed near to the reel seat.
Blank is considered as the foundation of a fishing rod. It is a long flexible pole with that other parts are attached.
The ferrule is the meeting point of two separated rods. There are two types of ferrule such as male ferrule and female ferrule; male ferrule is inserted into the female ferrule.
Guides are the rings through which the line moves from reel to top tip. While casting or reeling in,the good quality guides ensure smooth movement of the line and reduce the probability of line tangling to make an accurate casting.
Those guides that are placed on the butt part of the rod are called butt guides.
Windings help the guides to get stuck with the body of the rod.
The end of the rod of the upper side, often made of fiberglass or graphite metal. It’s flexible enough and very thin, too. The flexibility allows angles to throw the bite accurately!
The last and smallest metal guide of the rod where the line leaves. It is so thin that can be broken easily at any time!
Best Fishing Rods For Bass
Guys, among the fishing rods we selected only the best fishing rods for bass. There are many brands that provide various fishing gears, and KastKing is one of the best providers. Maximum rods we found are of this brand! Here is a list of our best picks for bass fishing:
- Kastking Perigee II Fishing Rods – Fuji O-Ring Line Guides
- KastKing Royale Select Fishing Rods, Spinning & Casting Models Designed For Bass Fishing
- KastKing Blackhawk II Telescoping Fishing Rods With Floating Guides
- Cadence Spinning Rod CR5-30 Ton Carbon Fishing Rod
- Entsport E-Series – Camo Legend 2-Piece 7” Casting Rod
- KastKingCrixus Fishing Rods, IM6 Graphite Spinning Rod & Casting Rod
- KastKing Speed Demon Pro Tournament Series Bass Fishing Rods
1. Kastking Perigee II Fishing Rods – Fuji O-Ring Line Guides
If you to make your fishing fun with accurate casting experience, then this KastKing Perigee II Fishing Rods will really get you! The well-known Fuji O-ring guides offer to perform accurate casting during fishing from distance. It is also designed with high-strength reel seats, Saf-T-Keeper hook holder, the sensitive “bare and beautiful” rod blanks and high-density EVA grips. EVA grips enhance sensibility.
The blanks are constructed using the Toray 24-ton carbon matrix Kastflex technology that makes the blanks more powerful and durable. KastKing Perigee II has PTS (Power Transition System) spigot joints transit the power throughout the rod blanks smoothly and make you feel like a one-piece fishing rod!
Both spinning rods and casting rods are carbon fiber and available with different rod-power tips e.g. medium and medium-heavy or medium with medium-lightpower.
- Ergonomic graphite high-strength reel seats
- Provide incredible power, strength, and accuracy
- Power transition system spigot joints
- Super-sensitive and durable
- Comes with two different rod power tips
- After attaching the tip with handle, a gap is found between them. If anyone ever forces to close the gap, it may damage
2. KastKing Royal Select Fishing Rods, Spinning & Casting Model Designed For Bass Fishng
If you are a serious angler and look for the best fishing rods for fishing with different techniques, this KastKing Royal can be your best choice. Many features of these rods are the same as the KastKing Perigee II Fishing Rods! Toray 24-ton Carbon Matrix KastFlex Technology-based graphite blanks are lightweight and offer more sensitivity, power, and durability. For superior casting distance and accuracy, the rod uses Fuji Fishing line guides. The premium guides can perform well and can deal with all styles easily.
The handle is manufactured with high-quality EVA grips for increasing sensibility and comfort while fishing. Moreover, it has PTS (Power Transition System) that transit the power smoothly throughout the rod blank and you will have the feel as one piece rod.
Both spinning and casting models are available with different power and length. Different lengths and actions are perfect for different techniques. You can choose any of the rods according to your specific technique.
- Lightweight and durable graphite blank
- The rod offers an incredible sensibility
- High-quality Fuji O-Ring Guides for accurate casting
- High-strength nylon reel seats
- Power Transition System
- Ferrule gap between tip and handle
- Some of the rods make noise
3. KastKing Blackhawk II Telescopic Fishing Rods With Floating Guides
This portable rod is a perfect choice for those anglers who love hawking as well. It comes with amazing features and incredible six-piece telescopic rod design with perfect balance. It is a collapsible fishing rod that can be collapsed easily without leaving the reel and you can tuck it away in your backpack to take it anywhere you want. When it is time for fishing, just pull the tips of the rods until it stops. In such a way, extend all sections to their working length. Finally, you will get it ready for fishing in seconds… that’s easy!
It has also a Toray 24-Ton Carbon Matrix technology-based ‘sensitive and durable’ blanks and solid glass tip section. The multiple floating stainless steel line guides offer incredible casting performance. The handle with reinforced reel seats is constructed with EVA grip for sensitive touch experience and the snug-fit ferrules come with a full-length power transition system so that you will feel it as a one-piece fishing pole!
In the market, it is available in 13 different lengths. Both spinning rods and casting rods are available with different action power. With all of the features, it is a quality rod for all types of fishing in fresh and saltwater!
- Portable rods with a compact design
- Sensitive and durable blanks
- Multiple floating stainless steel line guides
- EVA griped sensitive handle
- Full-length power transition system
- Different length with different action power
- The protective cap needs to be a little bit larger because it cannot cover the first guide
4. Cadence Spinning Rod, CR5-30 Ton Carbon Fishing Rod
The CR5 series of Cadence Fishing rod is designed with high-quality materials for outstanding performance. The blank of this rod is manufactured with 30-ton carbon matrix graphite that makes the blank more strength, sensitive, durable and lightweight. Moreover, the rod is designed with other premium materials.
This rod has two-handle configuration e.g. carbon split grip with premium cork and full grip with EVA grip. It uses stainless steel SiC guides and a Fuji reel seat. The SiC inserted line guides minimize friction and transfer vibrations. It is durable and avoids line sticking into the guides as well.
Like most other rods, it comes with a variety of lengths, actions, and power for fishing in different situations in different styles. In the way of our consideration, it can be also a great fishing gear that you buy without any hesitation as the manufacturer offers a 1-year manufacturer warranty with a 90-day return policy. So why late to buy this rod!
- Lightweight and sensitive blank
- 2-piece construction, travel-friendly
- Super sensitive EVA grip handle
- Affordable price
- 1-year manufacturer warranty and 90-day return policy
- We found the nut that locks the reel is loose and the reel slides
5. Entsport E-Series – Camo Legend 2-piece 7” Casting Rod
The first and foremost thing that we all liked is its unique design. This Entsport E-Series Camo Legend Fishing rod comes with two different power rod tips- medium and medium-heavy. Different tips allow adjusting the casting weight. In a word, it is a versatile fishing rod that allows practicing different fishing actions.
It is constructed with 24-ton solid carbon fiber to make this rod lightweight and decent sensitive. The high-density EVA split grips handle is also sensitive and durable. Holding the handle, you will feel comfortable and you will be able to control the rod easily without more fatigue! The full-contact reel seat is enhanced with corrosion-resistant aluminum hoods with soft-touch finish. The friction-free ceramic insert 6+1 corrosion-resistant line guides offer super casting performance and sensitivity.
Honestly speaking, you will love the performance of this rod as it sensitive enough. It can transmit every bite of small fishes to your hands. It comes with 2-piece construction for portability. This rod has some limitations while comparing its features with another rod. It is a 7’ long fishing rod and no other sizes are available.
- Comes with two different power rod tips
- Lightweight and super sensitive
- EVA split grips handle is very comfortable
- Portable and easy to carry
- Corrosion-resistant line guides are friction-free and sensitive
- Not so durable as the manufacturer claims
- Sizes are not available
6. KastKing Crixus Fishing Rods, IM6 Graphite Spinning & Casting Rod
Another rod of KastKing! While we were looking for the best rods, we didn’t care about the brands. However, we also strolled over all of the customer reviews and we came to the point that, it’s absolutely one of the most leading brands ever. KastKing is really the king of all brands!
However, what we want to tell about KastKing Crixus fishing rods that, it is one of the best fishing rods for bass with incredible performance. It comes with a budget price and this crazy rod is absolutely make your money worth.
It is developed with KastFlex technology-based IM6 graphite blanks that are powerful, lightweight, and sensitive enough to transmit every bite to the hand as well. The slip-resistant super polymer handle offers maximum control in all situations. The stainless steel guides have Zirconium Oxide rings that ensure long-distance smooth casting.
Two types of rods with different length combinations, actions, and power are available for practicing different fishing styles. It has also been developed with PTS (power transition system) technology.
- Budget price fishing rods
- Lightweight but powerful rods
- Super sensitive blanks are durable
- Slip-resistant super polymer handle ensures maximum control
- Perform the long-distance smooth casting
- No major issues are found yet to write about
7. KastKing Speed Demon Pro Tournament Series Bass Fishing Rods
This KastKing Speed Demon Pro is a Nano Tube Resin Technology-based fishing rod that is developed with Elite Carbon Blanks. It is too lightweight. It is 30% stronger than standard graphite blanks (according to the manufacturer) and super sensitive.
The guides are constructed with Alconite rings. The guides of the spinning rods are designed with the Fuji LV style, and the guides of the casting rods are designed with the Fuji LN style. The reel seat also allows the reel stays firmly with the rods. The handle ensures superior control in all conditions. The rods are thin which is manufactured with the composition of S-Glass and graphite. The composite blend makes the rods lightweight and well balanced.
For different fishing styles, different rods with different lengths, power, and actions are available. There are 15 models for different fishing styles.
- Nano Tube Resin Technology-based fishing rods
- 30% stronger and super sensitive
- The guides and rings offer incredible fishing experiences
- Constructed with a multi-directional carbon fiber layer
- It has WINN grips for maximum control over the rods
- No issues are found yet to write about
How To Choose The Best Fishing Rods For Bass
It is the most important point of the article that will show you the ways of choosing the best fishing rods. Honestly speaking, many people buy the best rods and leave negative reviews… Hell yeah! Actually, the problem begins while buying the wrong fishing rods. Today, we will try our best to show you how to choose the best fishing rods for bass from the countless number of fishing rods.
It is a very important factor to consider which materials are used to make the rods. Most of the fishing rods are constructed with carbon fiber. Some of the rods use other materials as a combination. Moreover, there are various types of materials that are used to make rods.
- Fiberglass: The rods made of fiberglass are cheap. Comparing to other components, it is medium-heavy. It is strong enough and it makes the rod durable.
- Graphite: It’s also cheap but not cheaper than Fiberglass. Compering to the Fiberglass, it is lighter and responsive.
- Carbon Fiber: Carbon Fiber is better than Fiberglass and Graphite. It is got after processing the chemicals and it is stronger than fiberglass. It is more responsive. If you want a rod that will last for over 10 years, then definitely you have to buy rods made of carbon fiber.It is flexible enough.
- Multi-Material Compositions: Some fishing rods are made of multi-material composites. It is actually the combination of carbon fiber and plastic resin
Longer rods allow casing the line from a larger distance. But, if you want accurate casting, then shorter rods will be the best choice. Moreover, shorter rods are easy to control. Also, if you consider the portability, then short blanks are perfect for you.
The power of a fishing rod is ‘the weight that a rod can carry.’ A powerful rod can carry more weight. A rod with less power can break or snap easily. So, power is also a very important point for considering while buying fishing rods. Different powers are- heavy, medium-heavy, medium, light and ultra-light.
Heavy power rods don’t bend and perfect for fishing the large bass. On the other hand, light power rods bend more than heavy and medium-heavy. They are suitable for small bait fishes.
The action of a fishing rod refers to the ability to bend. In a word, there is a close connection between action and flexibility. Depending on the fishing style, the action varies.
- Extra-Fast action rods are not flexible enough. The rod-tips with extra fast action bend a little and they are perfect for the large and heavy fishing because they can bear the heavy-weight.
- Comparing to the extra-fast rods, ‘fast’ action rods are more flexible. For fishing in the freshwater, they can be the perfect rods. Also, they are perfect for soft-sticks, top-water, jerk baits and spinner baits.
- For light fishing, the moderate action rods are perfect as they bend more.
- Another action is the ‘slow action’ rod which is very much flexible and bends the entire length of the rod. For small bass, slow action is
GUIDES AND RINGS
The guides play a vital role during casting the line. Good quality guides reduce friction and offer smooth casting. The guides and the rings made with ceramic, stainless steel or titanium are considered as the best. The ring liner should be better for a better fishing experience. The following materials are best for the ring liner:
- Titanium Oxide
- Aluminum Oxide
- Silicon Dioxide
ROD’s HANDLE TYPE
Rod handle is one of the most important parts of a fishing rod. Mainly three types of handles are available in the market: the EVA handle, the cork handle and the handle made of wood. We will recommend you to have the handle with EVA or cork. Both EVA and cork are sensitive and you can feel every bite of the fish. Moreover, they are lightweight enough. Cork handle offers grip and prevents from slipping away. The EVA handle is also very comfortable to hold and grip. EVA is durable, too.
SPINNING RODS vs. CASTING RODS
According to the fishing types, there are two main types of fishing rods- casting rods and spinning rods.
- Spinning Rods: The reel and the guides of spinning rods are placed on the underside of the rod. If you want to go fishing there where it is hard to reach with casting rods. For the lighter lines and smaller bass, the spinning rods are perfect. We recommend spinning rods for beginners.
- Casting Rods: On the contrary, the guides of a casting rod are placed on the top side of the rod. All the guides of casting rods are not equal. The guide closer to the reel is bigger and the guide closer to the tip is smaller. Casting rods provides superior pulling power and that is why the casting rods are perfect for larger bass.
Finally, we have reached the last point. Our effort to help you will be worth if you will be benefited from this article. There are a lot of fishing rods for bass, and it is quite impossible to collect all. Honestly speaking, trialing several top rated and best-selling rods, we picked up the best product of the market. If you intend to have the fishing pole for your ‘kayak fishing setup’, then you can buy any of our selected rods, too. In a word, you can buy fishing rods from above listed for any types of fishing practices as they are really authentic!