What Is A Kayak Paddle For Fishing?
Majorly Kayak paddles have three parts shaft, power face, and back face. The power face is the side that pulls in the water while moving forward. It looks similar to a canoe paddle but has blades on both ends separated by the shaft. Usually, Kayak paddles blades are made up of fiberglass or carbon-fiber and shaft of Aluminum. Their lengths are about 210-260cm. The purpose of these metals is for durability, affordability, and fantastic performance.
Finding out the best product from thousands is not only tedious but also difficult; because, day by day, the market is saturated with a lot of brands. If you ever go to find out the best kayak paddle for fishing in the market, you will be confused about their quality. Then what will you do? Will you purchase any of them!
Of course, you won’t! If you buy without judging the quality of the paddle, there will be the probability of being cheated. Where picking up the ‘best kayak paddle’ is essential so that the paddle will be able to meet with your requirements, you must judge the quality first which is, in fact, complicated nowadays.
In this article, I’ll show you the ways of choosing the right paddle with ease. Moreover, I have made a list of the best fishing kayak paddle from where you may pick up according to your needs. All of these paddles are liked by all classes of people who are fond of fishing. Before describing how to choose the right paddle, let’s have a look at the best-selected kayak paddles.
Related: Best Fishing Kayak Under $500
Top 7 Best Kayak Paddle For Fishing
- SeaSense Kayak Paddle
- SeaSense X -TREME 1 Kayak Paddle Black 84IN
- Intex Dual Purpose Kayak Paddle/Boat Oars, 1 Pair, 96″, Black/Silver
- Carlisle Magic Plus Kayak Paddle – Polypro Blades/Fiberglass Shaft
- Carlisle Magic Mystic Poly Kayak Paddle – Polypro Blades/Aluminum Shaft
- AIRHEAD Kayak Paddle, Deluxe 2 sect, 84″, Curved Blade
- Carlisle Day Tripper Aluminum Kayak Paddle – 2 Piece
All these products are selected and sorted according to the highest selling products on Amazon. We have also researched these products and scrolled over the customer reviews for their negative feedback so that the customers will beware while buying them. Now I am going to provide the complete reviews of these kayak paddles with pros & cons.
Related: Best Fishing Kayak Under $1000
1. SeaSense Kayak Paddle
Who cares to spend more on a paddle? If you are looking for the paddle at an affordable price, then try this SeaSense Kayak Paddle. SeaSense is one of the most trusted brands in the marine industries, which has been providing quality products since 1984; it provides SeaSense X-Treme II Kayak Paddle that is great for the price.
SeaSense X-Treme II Kayak Paddle is a perfect paddle for all paddlers; which offers an incredible experience in all sorts of kayak. We will also recommend you to buy it for its pretty firmness at a low cost. It comes in different sizes and colors.
It has two curved feathered blades; constructed with polypropylene and fiberglass-reinforced which makes this paddle more lightweight and durable. Near the blade, it has two adjustable drip guards. The 96” paddle is 2.59 lbs of weight, and the 84” paddle is 2.10 lbs. For this lightweight feature, this paddle floats on water and offers multi-hours paddles with no flex.
The manufacturer has used aluminum in the shaft. For ease handling, two sponge type foam grips are available on the shaft. Near the blades, it has adjustable water guards for preventing water flowing down the shaft. Unlike many paddles, the paddle is separable into 2-pieces for easy storage.
- Can be used in all sort of water
- Support ridge is available for strength
- Separable for easy storage
- Firm enough, less flex
- Wider feathered shape blade
- Sponge type foam grip for nice holding
- Three paddle locking position system
- Floats on water
- The sponge foam grip may slide up and down
- The foam is not fit for those with smaller hands
2. SeaSense X-Treme 1 Kayak Paddle
Another paddle of the same brands! Yes, we have also picked up this paddle as the best fishing kayak paddle. It is also one the best paddle with very reasonable pricing. If you are a beginner level on kayaking, then try this X-Treme 1 Kayak Paddle.
The blades of this paddle are not as wide as the first paddle blades. It has come with mostly-flat blades- have a very small curved on tips with solid construction. The blades are made of black molded plastic. The three-position locking system is available too.
The aluminum shaft is 84 inches in length. It offers easy strokes on quiescent water that’s why it is a great choice for the beginner for practice. The aluminum shaft has adjustable drip guards for preventing water to let the shaft wet, and the foam rubbers offer nice holding. Like the previous paddle, it is also separable into two pieces for easy transport.
For its lightweight construction, it is a great choice in value and comfort. It is only 2.2 lbs of weight that offers easy paddling; floats on water, and allows the paddler to make a compact trip.
- Quality product at low budget
- Offer easy strokes on the calm water
- Separable for easy storage
- Lightweight for easy transport
- Floats on water if somehow drop
- Three paddle locking positions
- Foam grips for nice soft holding
- Also an excellent paddle for beginners
- No cons are found
If you look for a longer paddle, then try this one! Same paddle, same quality. The difference is in size; it is 96 inches long. As a long paddle, it is not a perfect choice for them who are less than 5’8” tall. Moreover, for young, try for 84’ paddle.
3. Intex Dual Purpose Kayak Paddle/Boat Oars
Since 1970, Intex has been providing a lot of quality products to the customers. Their unique products are truly excellent, and Intex dual-purpose Kayak Paddle/Boat Oars is one of their fantastic creations. Intex Dual Purpose Kayak Paddle/Boat Oars can be used for two purposes- kayak paddle and boat oars.
It comes with two individual paddles with ribbed large blades for better paddling experience. The blades have flat ends instead of curved scoops. Both the paddles are 19 inches long and 7 inches wide in size.
The strong aluminum shaft makes the paddle more durable. When connects, the paddle is 96-inches long; each part is 48-inches long in size individually. This 96 inches long paddle is a perfect choice for the tall people. Each part of the paddle is 1.5lbs weight and floats on water.
- Comes with two individual paddle
- Drip ring is included with it
- Can be used separately or combined
- Lightweight and durable
- Floats on water
- Easy to transport for compact travel
- Long enough for the tall people
- Usable as a kayak paddle or boat oar
- Wide blade for better strokes
- Not perfect for the short people
- Drip guards are not available; so you can get wet
4. Carlisle Magic Plus Kayak Paddle
Over 30 years ago, Carlisle started its journey by creating the paddle with local guides. Today, it is also one of the most trusted brands; delivers various kinds of recreational products to the customers.
If you looking for a paddle for the beginners, then try this Carlisle Magic Plus Kayak Paddle. It is also one of the best kayak paddles for fishing delivered by Carlies.
It has two slightly spooned blades; grabs more water to offer smooth and powerful strokes in all sorts of water. The slight spoon shape reduces torque as well as minimizes wrist fatigue. It is made of fiberglass-reinforced polypropylene for extra durability and core strength.
Unlike previous paddles, this paddle has a high-quality fiberglass shaft to ensure ‘needed flex’ with the stiffness for ease paddling. As the shaft eliminates stress, you can paddle it for a long time. The fiberglass has made the paddle more lightweight- 2.48 lbs only!
The paddle is 220-240 cm (86.6-94.5 inches) long for all paddlers. Aside from the beginners, this paddle board is a perfect paddle for the hardcore paddler too. It comes with 2 separated pieces for easy carrying.
- Provides smooth and powerful strokes
- Suitable for all sort of water
- Minimizes wrist fatigue
- Durable and strength
- Offers ‘needed flex’ with stiffness
- Lightweight enough
- Perfect for beginners to the hardcore paddler
- Separable paddle into 2 pieces
- Drip guards won’t get you to let wet
- The rubber grip is flimsy
- The connection is not completely waterproof
5. Carlisle Magic Mystic Poly Kayak Paddle
Do you have any doubt about the qualities of the paddles which we have reviewed above? Then you should try this Magic Mystic Poly Kayak Paddle because Carlisle provides this paddle with a 1-year worry free warranty.
This paddle has two high impact glass-filled polypropylene blades for excellent power strokes on choppy water. The blades are curved and hold more water. The curved blades are available in two different colors.
The lightweight tempered aluminum shaft of the paddle is separable with great strength. The paddles adjust to a 45 degree feathered angle in both directions. There is a bend on the shaft where the hands normally grip. It minimizes wrist flex during (forward) strokes.
This paddle is also lightweight enough as previous paddles. It’s only 2.20 lbs (applicable for 220 cm). Three length sizes are available- 220 cm, 230 cm, and 240 cm.
- 1-year worry-free warranty
- Curved blades for excellent power strokes
- Separable aluminum shaft with great strength
- Minimizes wrist flex and allows long time paddling
- Lightweight; it’s only 2.20 lbs
- Reliability at a great value
- Drip guards are available
- It might sink filling the pole with water if it is left in the water for a long time
6. AIRHEAD Kayak Paddle, Delux-2 section
If you are an experience paddler, then you can try this AIRHEAD Kayak Paddle. It is one of the best stunning kayak paddles for its versatile applications!
It has large ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) plastic blades that offer greater paddling experience. The surface of the blades is curved and, for multiple using purposes, the paddle offers adjustable blade angles.
The aluminum shaft of the paddle is separable for easy storage. It’s easy to break down and carry anywhere. Drip rings and foam grips are also available. Like many others paddle, it floats too.
The paddle is lightweight and durable. It’s 84 inches long and over 2.0 lbs weight. We will highly recommend this paddle for the left-handed people.
- Offers versatile application
- Ideal paddle for the left-handed paddlers
- Large curved paddle push water a little better
- Easy to break into two pieces
- Easy to assemble
- Lightweight and durable
- Drop rings prevent water to wet the paddlers
- Foam grips for comfortable paddling
- Not ideal for the right-handed paddlers
7. Leader Accessories Kayak Paddle
Leader Accessories Kayak Paddle has come in with seven awesome colors for your personal preference. It’s an ideal paddle for the novices and you can use this paddle for any purpose; due to its multiple applications, we choose it as the too!
It has been constructed with 3 different materials. The feathered blades have been made of polypropylene (PP) which makes the blade more sturdy and durable; it allows easy stroking with smoothly paddling experience. The blades are 18.5” wide and 7.5” long which helps pull water with great strength. You can adjust the blades to three angles.
The aluminum shaft can be broken down into two pieces for easy storage; it is more portable and will save your space. There are drop guards at both ends of the shaft to prevent water flowing down along with the shaft. Besides aluminum, fiberglass shaft is also available.
Five sizes from 84.7-inches to 96-inches are available with seven different colors- Black, White, Yellow, Orange, Blue, Green/white and Green.
- Ideal paddle for novices
- Sturdy and durable blades
- PP blades offer smooth paddling experience
- Three adjustable blades angles
- Can be broken down into pieces for easy storage
- Lightweight for easy transport
- Don’t let u get weight
- Colors and sizes are available for shorts of people.
- Not ideal for experienced paddlers
How To Choose The Best Fishing Kayak Paddle
Above, we have described the best kayak paddle for fishing. We have shown the best 7 paddles that are picked up and designed according to the sells volume. There are many more paddles along with these top 7, but the paddles we enlisted are the to-rated products by the customers.
But one more thing we want to remind you that not all the products are suitable for all paddlers. Depending on the paddlers and the quality of the paddle, one should choose paddle. But it’s verily a complicated process of choosing the best one, right? Then follow the following ways for selecting the right paddle easily.
The length of the paddle is usually from 210 to 240 cm (82.69inch – 94.48 inch). Before selecting the Best paddle length for a fishing kayak, there are three important considerable things – the height of the paddler, the level of the paddlers and the width of the kayak. Here is a table to choose from:
Related: How Long Is A Kayak – Tips & Ideas.
Blade material is also one of the key factors of considerations. The ‘quality of a paddle and how the paddle will be’ depend on the materials. Three common materials are usually used to make the blade such as Fiberglass, Carbon Fiber, and Plastic.
- Fiberglass: The Fiberglass Paddles are lightweight and durable. If you want to have a lightweight paddle with strength, then go for fiberglass.
- Carbon Fiber: For professionals, Carbon Fiber is the best choice ever. Carbon fiber is lightweight enough and offers powerful strokes. Compared to other materials, it is costly.
- Plastic or Nylon: If you looking for an affordable paddle, then plastic paddle will be a better option. The plastic paddles are also very durable. For beginners, we recommend the plastic paddle.
Related : Is kayaking a good workout
Besides blades, the quality of the shaft is also important. Different types of the shaft are usually found in the market.
The straight shaft is flexible and it is a perfect choice for the advanced kayakers. On the contrary, the bent shaft reduces wrist flex; it is ideal for the beginner level kayakers.
Some of the blades can be broken down into several pieces. If you are fond of traveling or you don’t have enough spaces to store, then select the collapsible shaft.
The paddle is the second important equipment of fishing. A good paddle makes fishing on the water more enjoyable. For the best kayaking experience while fishing, we always recommend having the best kayak paddle for fishing. Many people do a great mistake while buying a paddle; they don’t think about the quality and measurement of the paddle. So, we will highly suggest to you to purchase the paddle having considered the length.